Netgear EX6400 Setup: The Ultimate Guide You Can't Afford to Miss
Netgear AC1900 EX6400 mesh extender boosts your existing network range, providing you WiFi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps. Improving the existing wireless coverage, the Nighthawk mesh extender works with your home WiFi and creates a powerful WiFi system. If you are looking to perform the Netgear EX6400 setup, just read this post and find out the complete steps to make your extender up and running. Let's get started.
Netgear EX6400 Setup | AC1900
You can set up the Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi mesh extender in two modes: Extender Mode and Access Point Mode. When working in the Extender Mode, the EX6400 boosts your existing wireless range and coverage. On the other hand, in the Access Point Mode, it creates a WiFi hotspot using your existing wired connection.
Netgear EX6400 Manual Setup in the Extender Mode
If you want to perform the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup
for EX6400 in the Extender Mode, walk through the steps highlighted below:
- Power on your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX6400 mesh WiFi extender.
- Connect your extender to the router either using the Netgear installation assistant or WPS push button.
- Note: Some users fail to locate the WPS button on their router. In such a case, you can connect the extender using the installation assistant. However, if you have employed Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 setup in your home, try using the WPS push button for making a connection with the EX6400 extender.
- In order to connect using the WPS button, you need to press the WPS button on both the extender and router.
- In order to connect through the Netgear installation assistant, open an internet browser on your PC or laptop.
- Go to the default admin login web-based page.
- Enter the username and password and then hit Login.
- After logging in, the AC1900 EX6400 extender's dashboard will display.
- Now, choose the WiFi network you yearn to extend, Type the network password.
- Set up the security settings as per your requirements.
- Once done with the Netgear EX6400 mesh setup, unplug the extender and move it to a new location in your home. However, be sure to place your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX6400 extender away from electronic gadgets, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and water resources.
- Now, connect your Netgear Nighthawk mesh extender to a power source.
- Let the Power LED of your extender turn into green.
- Now, it's time to connect your WiFi-compatible devices to the new, extended wireless network.
That's it! You are all done with the Netgear EX6400 setup (AC1900).
Netgear Model EX6400 Setup in the Access Point Mode
If you wish to install your Nighthawk AC1900 EX6400 mesh extender as an Access Point, go through the below-given steps:
- Plug your WiFi range extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 extender to the home WiFi router.
- After making the cable connections, pull up an internet browser on your laptop or computer.
- Head over to the default Netgear EX6400 login web page.
- Fill the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Followed by it, click on the Log In button.
- Now, you will be asked whether you want to install your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender as an Extender or Access Point.
- Here, you need to hit the Access Point button.
- Once done, follow the on-screen prompts to complete your Netgear extender setup.
Congrats! Your Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 AC1900 WiFi mesh extender has been set up properly. On the off chance if you are still facing any sort of technical issue, feel free to reach out to our experts via email or live chat.